The Gov. Juan F. Luis Hospital & Medical Center (JFL) has launched the 2018 Amnesty Program for outstanding balances owed. Effective immediately until Dec. 31, 2018, the program offers up to fifty percent discount on patient balances as of June 30.
With aged accounts receivables for both self-pay and insurance co-pays, this is an opportunity to recoup much needed funds for the organization while providing an incentive for people with aged balances to settle debts to the hospital and clear up their credit records. JFL has already begun contacting patients with outstanding balances and are encouraging the community to take advantage of this opportunity to reduce and or eliminate their outstanding debt.
Discounts are determined by the age of the account; the details of the program are as follows:
• Accounts aged 90 to 180 days will be eligible for a 50 percent discount
• Accounts aged 181 to 240 days will be eligible for a 40 percent discount
• Accounts aged 241 to 300 days will be eligible for a 35 percent discount
• Accounts aged 301 to 365 days will be eligible for a 30 percent discount
• Accounts aged over 365 days will be eligible for a 25 percent discount
JFL offered similar amnesty programs in the past and prior programs have proven to be very successful. JFL encourages the community to take advantage of this round of discounts, while supporting the hospital in collecting critically needed funds.
Payment can be made by mail, in person or also via drop box located at the main lobby. For more information about the Amnesty Program or to obtain details regarding an outstanding balance, contact the Hospital Business and Cashier Office at 778-6311 ext. 2861, 2797, 2879, 2406, 2813, 2890, 2774, 3111, 2759, and 2198.