HURRICANE RESTORATION UPDATE
As the restoration of service continues in both districts by WAPA Line Department personnel as well as on and off-island contractors, some customers in the following areas are targeted for service restoration this week and into the weekend:
St. Croix: All for the Better, Anna’s Hope, Barren Spot, Estate Bethlehem / Middle Works, Castle Burke, Catherine’s Rest, Clifton Hill, Coakley Bay, Concordia, Constitution Hill, Cotton Valley, Diamond, Enfield Green, Glynn, Golden Rock, Grapetree Bay, Green Cay, Grove Place, Humbug, Judith’s Fancy, La Grande Princesse, Lorraine Village, Mon Bijou, Mount Pleasant, Mount Welcome, North Slob, North Street, Orange Grove, Paradise, Parara, Peppertree Terrace, Peter’s Rest, Profit Hills, Richmond, Ruby, Shoy’s, Shoy’s Pump, Sight, Smithfield, Solitude, South Slob, Southgate, St. Georges, Teague Bay, Tipperary, Turner Hole, Two Brothers, Two Williams, Union and Mount Washington, Upper Bethlehem and Whim. On Monday, 600 customers were restored.
- St. Thomas: Anna’s Retreat, Bakkeroe, Blackbeard’s Hill, Bolongo, Bonne Esperance, Bonne Resolution, Bordeaux, Botany Bay, Bovoni, Contant, Crown and Hawk, Estate Hoffman, Estate Hope, Estate Pearl, Estate Thomas, Fortuna, Frenchman Bay, Frydenhoj, Hidden Valley, Hospital Ground, Jeppesgang, Lerkenlund, Lindbergh Bay, Lytton Fancy, Mandahl, Mariendahl, Nazareth, Norre Gade, Nye Gade, Red Hook Road, Weymouth Rhymer Highway / Donoe, Santa Maria, Sapphire Village, Smith Bay, Solberg, St. Joseph and Rosendahl, Sub Base, Taarneberg, Tabor and Harmony, Tutu, Tutu High Rise I, Water Island, Watergate and Wintberg. 330 customers were restored on St. Thomas on Monday.
- St. John: Crews are fanned out across Cruz Bay and Coral Bay restoring service to customers. On St. John, Monday, 320 customers were restored in areas including: Calabash Boom, Bordeaux, Carolina and Ajax Peak.
- Customers are advised that WAPA continues to receive regular shipments of materials and supplies in both districts to complete the power restoration. Crews are awaiting shipments of transformers in both districts, which are vital to the continued restoration of service. The transformers are expected on island this week and will be dispatched for continued restoration.
On Tuesday, the Valdemar Hill Sr. Drive, “Skyline Drive” on St. Thomas, will again be closed to vehicular traffic from 8:30-11:30 a.m. and again from 1–4 p.m., as crews continue reconstruction and restoration work. The road closure will be in effect from the intersection of Louisenhoj Castle to the Donoe Bypass. Area residents will be allowed to access their homes during the road closure. Alternate routes are available for motorists who must traverse the area. On St. Croix, Pine Street in Estate Whim will be closed for a period of time Tuesday while crews work in the area.
The WAPA Customer Service office on St. John will operate on an abbreviated schedule until further notice. The office will open on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Due to Internet connectivity challenges, only checks, certified checks and money orders will be accepted as forms of payment. Customers must provide account numbers in order to process all transactions.
- Residents are reminded of the need to shut off standby generators when line crews are in their neighborhood restoring electrical service. A standby generator has the potential to back feed electricity to the grid, which poses a severe safety risk to restoration crews.
- POTABLE WATER SYSTEM: All pump stations are on line and functioning normally. There are five days of emergency water storage on St. Croix, seven days on St. John and eight days on St. Thomas. The potable water standpipe in Sub Base, St. Thomas, will be brought on line this week.
Emergency Call Centers operate 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., seven days a week.
St. Thomas-St. John district, 774-1424; St. Croix district, 773-0150
WAPA telephone contact: St. Thomas-St. John District, 774-3552; St. Croix district, 773-2250
Customer Service Offices operate Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Sunny Isle on St. Croix and at Port of Sale Mall on St. Thomas
WAPA website: www.viwapavi / Facebook: Virgin Islands Water and Power Authority