The Department of Health's Office of Minority Health announces that Capacity-Building Award Mini-Grants are now available from the HIV/AIDS Regional Resource Network. The purpose of the grant is to increase the capacity of smaller community-based organizations (CBOs) providing HIV/AIDS-related services to racial and ethnic populations.
These awards are not directed towards one specific function nor are they connected to a designated program. Funds are provided to be of assistance to smaller agencies to help meet their needs in developing, supplementing, or enhancing HIV-related services. Therefore, these dollars can be used to purchase equipment or internet access; develop, print, or order materials for education and outreach; pay for conference registration or travel; develop coalitions addressing HIV-related issues on a local level; or whatever is designated as important to your agency in the delivery of quality services to racial and ethnic communities at risk for HIV disease.
Only agencies meeting the following six criteria are eligible to apply:
– Agency must have been in existence at least one year.
– Agency must currently provide HIV/AIDS services to racial and ethnic minorities.
– Agency must have an operating budget under $750,000.
– Agency must be located in either N.Y, N.J., P.R. or the U.S.V.I.
– Agency must have nonprofit status. (Note: The organization must be a 501(c) (3) to qualify.)
– Agency does not receive funding from the Office of Minority Health.
How to Apply
Organizations interested in applying should call the Office of Minority Health-HIV Clearinghouse at 715-0963 or inquire via e-mail.
For HIV/AIDS information, visit the Virgin Islands Department of Healths Online Resource Center.
Share your reaction to this news with other Source readers. Please include headline, your name, and the city and state/country or island where you reside.
Publisher's note : Like the St. Thomas Source now? Find out how you can love us twice as much — and show your support for the islands' free and independent news voice… click here.