Public input is being sought by the Office of the Governor and by the Gateway Community Planning Council on a vendors plaza and parking facility to be constructed on government property across from the car ferry dock in Cruz Bay, St. John. To be constructed in Spring 2002, this 35,000 square-foot facility is intended to serve two purposes: (1) to showcase local products, and (2) to provide additional public parking in the downtown core.
Before contracting for design of the facility, community input is being sought on issues such as the types of uses to be housed in the facility, how space should be allocated, key design issues such as height, and how rental rates should be determined.
Interested persons are asked to submit the questionnaire below by October 31, 2001 to:
P.O. Box 488, Cruz Bay
St. John, Virgin Islands 00830
or copy and paste the questionnaire to a word processing document, answer the questions and copy and paste them back into an e-mail to Jim Owens at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. What uses should be accommodated within the facility?
2. The four businesses currently operating on the site will automatically be rented space within the new facility. How should the remaining vendors space be allocated among interested businesses, e.g. by lottery?
3. How should the rental rate for vendor space be determined?
4. How can the facility be designed to best fit into the community and not look like a parking structure?
5. How tall should the facility be, e.g. two or three stories?
6. Who should manage the facility and parking?
7. An advisory committee will be established to provide ongoing input on design and management of the facility? Who should be included on this committee?
8. Other comments?
Thank you! Please return by October 31 to the Office of the Administrator for St. John or via fax to 340/776-6992.
For information contact: 776-6484 or 776-6201×247 or e-mail email@example.com.