78.9 F
Charlotte Amalie
Sunday, July 21, 2019
Sun July 21, 2019 6:31 AM
Home Community Page 183

Community

Mary Caroline Ponteen Dies at 89

Mary Caroline Ponteen, also known as “Miss Canie,” “Miss May” and “Miss Mary,” died on Friday, July 22, at her home in Estate Anna’s Hope, Christiansted, St. Croix.

Elizabeth Piper Rogers Dies

Elizabeth Piper Rogers, also known as “Beth,” died on July 21.

V.I. Hosts Pilot Freedom Schools

Five of the territory's schools are participating in a six-week pilot of a nation-wide "Freedom School" project this summer, thanks in part to Lt. Gov. Osbert Potter. According to Government House, Potter helped bring

U.S. Geological Survey Grants Over $90,000 to UVI’s Water Resources Research Institute

The Water Resources Research Institute (WRRI) at the University of the Virgin Islands (UVI) received $92,335 this spring from the United States Geological Survey (USGS) to fund three projects across the territory.

V.I. Hosts Pilot Freedom Schools

Five of the territory's schools are participating in a six-week pilot of a nation-wide "Freedom School" project this summer, thanks in part to Lt. Gov. Osbert Potter.

Lutheran Social Services Celebrates Flambouyant Gardens’ 30th Anniversary

Lutheran Social Services of the Virgin Islands (LSSVI) celebrates 30 years of service at Flambouyant Gardens, providing safe, comfortable and affordable housing to seniors and adults with physical disabilities.

Angelica Felix Dies

Angelica Felix of 5-I Sally’s Fancy died on July 16.

Timothy Urgent Dies at 20

Timothy Urgent, also known as “Timo,” of Estate Clifton Hill died on July 9. He was 20 years old.

Anthony Ricardo Smith Sr. Dies at 71

Anthony Ricardo Smith Sr., also known as “Bond,” “007,” “James Bond” and “Uncle Bond,” of Estate La Vallee died on July 12. He was 71 years old.

Jose Luis Reyes Sr. Dies at 66

Jose Luis “Guiso” Reyes Sr., of Tampa, Fla., died on July 18. He was 66 years old.

JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

STAY CONNECTED

17,075FansLike
3,144FollowersFollow

FROM FACEBOOK

Comments Box SVG iconsUsed for the like, share, comment, and reaction icons
Load more