Forums

St. John
St. Thomas
St. Croix

GOVERNMENT & POLICE NEWS

Public Events, Free Rides Promote New Buses That Hit the Streets Oct. 3

The V. I. Department of Public Works, in conjunction with the V.I. Energy Office (VIEO), will introduce its new buses…

Audio Galleries

With schools across the territory getting ready for a Sept. 2 opening date, V.I. Education Commissioner Donna Frett-Gregory told the community the Education Department is focused on "putting in the framework we need to support our students, our teachers and our administrators."

Currently:Click for Saint Croix, Virgin Islands Forecast
Forums — St. John — General discussion
CommentLog in or Register to CommentE-mailE-MAILPrintPRINT
Justice
Dec 9, 2011 - 10:12

To clear up an issue in a VI Source article. The Cockayne family did not pay off witnesses with "several thousand Dollars'" as was stated in the VI Source.

They gave a promised reward to two individuals after the defendants were found guilty. The exact amount of the reward was $10,000.00 divided between two witnesses whose testimony never changed from the night of Jamie Cockayne's murder.

Another man fraudulently received a loan from the Cockayne family and then left the island and never paid the family back.

The source actually reported in their paper an award had been offered to anyone coming forward with information to help arrest and convict whoever was responsible.

It seems poor journalism at best. Bias at worst. It is, "stories," like these that give journalists a bad name.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

unfortunately neither person was completely honest-money is the root of all evil!