Thanks to the news media for exposing more corruption within the Virgin Islands. The US Attorney will not act, most likely because the Democrats are in power and do not want more bad publicity. Let’s see, what’s going on in the Virgin Islands:
1. Crime stoppers out of business because the police don’t respond to tips
2. Electric rates out of control. Bad management, excessive people on the payroll who are not qualified and looking for a pay check for doing nothing. Highest rates in the USA
3. Lt gov getting free housing and likely renting the one he owns, thereby bagging more money for himself while the taxpayers get ripped off!
4. Same for the Governor. See above
5. Property procurement manager gives false credentials, then back tracks by saying he "didn’t walk the stage". Well, in my book, he didn’t pay the bill, so the college holds up the paperwork. Did he graduate with a Masters????
6. Crime, waste, abuse and misconduct by public officials who are only out for themselves. Take what you can get and pass on the dept to the taxpayer.
7. Still waiting for the plane load of US Marshals to land at STT and take them all into custody. Waiting for over twenty years as a resident and watching the corrupt officials shove their arrogance down our throats.
Please keep up the reporting of these crooks.
George L Johansen, St. Thomas
Corruption Is Alive in the Virgin Islands
If you have a news tip to share, please call or text us at 340-228-8784.
Support local + independent journalism in the U.S. Virgin Islands
Unlike many news organizations, we haven't put up a paywall – we want to keep our journalism as accessible as we can. Our independent journalism costs time, money and hard work to keep you informed, but we do it because we believe that it matters. We know that informed communities are empowered ones. If you appreciate our reporting and want to help make our future more secure, please consider donating.