November 21, 2017 10:03 am Last modified: 7:31 am

Community

Remaining St. Croix Elementary Schools to Open Nov. 6; Information Meetings Scheduled for Parents Nov. 3

In an effort to keep the community informed, St. Croix District Superintendent Williams and her leadership team have scheduled a general meeting for parents of students attending all schools slated to open on Nov. 6.
Read More

Pastor Leon A. George Sr. Dies at 67

Pastor Leon A. George Sr., age 67, died at his home on St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands, on Saturday, Oct. 21.
Read More

Claude Hugh Petersen Dies at 70

Claude Hugh Petersen of Estate Whim died on Sept. 13.
Read More

V.I. Board of Nurse Licensure Extends Licenses for Present RNs and APRNs

In light of the extreme hardship that hurricanes Irma and Maria have caused, the V.I. Board of Nurse Licensure is implementing the following policy, effect immediately.
Read More

Democratic Party of V.I. Announces Election for New Democratic National Committeeman

The untimely death of the National Democratic Party Committeeman Luis “Tito” Morales has left that position vacant.
Read More

Leroy Williams Dies at 70

Former taxi driver Leroy Williams, also known as “Saga,” of Estate Glynn died on Oct. 18.
Read More

Marion D. Lynch-Moore Dies at 84

Marion D. Lynch-Moore of Estate Whim died on Oct. 14.
Read More
President Barack Obama

Genevieve Whitaker Selected to Attend Inaugural Obama Foundation Summit in Chicago

Genevieve Whitaker, co-founder and president of Virgin Islands Youth Advocacy Inc. has been selected among 15,000 applicants to be one of hundreds of civic leaders from around the world to take part in the inaugural Obama Foundation Summit.
Read More

Yvonne Bowsky, E. Benjamin Oliver Schools to Open Monday, Oct. 30

The two schools will operate on a split session schedule at the Bowsky campus.
Read More
More wrecked boats, these at Coral Bay.

NPS Seeking Displaced Vessel Owners of Numerous Hurricane-Damaged Vessels

The National Park Service is working in coordination with the U.S. Coast Guard and FEMA to address damaged vessels that have been displaced due to recent hurricane activity.
Read More