79.9 F
Charlotte Amalie
Saturday, July 20, 2019
Sat July 20, 2019 5:41 AM
Home Community Page 180

Community

CFVI Promotes Literacy: Gives Away Early Childhood Books

The Community Foundation of the Virgin Islands (CFVI) is distributing 5,000 high-quality early childhood books to children, parents and hospitals, as part of CFVI’s Early Childhood initiative.

CFVI’s Anderson Family Fund Announces Availability of Teacher Grants

The Anderson Family Fund at the Community Foundation of the Virgin Islands (CFVI) is once again offering teacher grants for the 2016-2017 school year. This will be the 15th consecutive year that the Anderson family is offering funding to educators in the territory.

Lesha Azima Lammy Dies at 30

Police Officer Lesha Azima Lammy of St. Croix died on Aug. 11. She was 30 years old.

The Crazy Woman’s Guide to Health: Raw

The best I ever felt physically until now were the years that I could call myself a raw foodist. The designation is for purists, but if you are eating anything raw you are ahead of most Americans.

Kai Jamal Javois Dies at 28

Police Officer and Veteran Kai Jamal Javois, age 28, of Union and Mount Washington, has passed from this life and leaves to mourn many family members and friends.

Beach Advisory for August 15-19

The Department of Planning and Natural Resources (DPNR) announces that the Beach Water Quality Monitoring Program, which evaluates weekly water quality at popular swimming beaches throughout the territory by sampling for enterococci bacteria and turbidity, which is a measure of water clarity, advises the public of the following:

Earl Meritt Jones Dies at 58

Earl Meritt Jones, also known as “Macho,” died on Sunday, July 31, at the age of 58.

Eduard M. Rebmann Dies at 69

Eduard M. Rebmann, also know as “Ede,” of Estate Peter’s Rest died on Aug. 11. He was 69 years old.

Mercedes Perez Santos Dies at 84

Mercedes Perez Santos of Estate La Grande Princesse died on Aug. 11 at her residence. She was 84 years old.

Mario Ayala Rosa Dies at 82

Mario Ayala Rosa, also known as “Susa” or “Tio,” of Estate Calquhoun died on Aug. 8. He was 82 years old.

JOIN OUR MAILING LIST

STAY CONNECTED

17,034FansLike
3,144FollowersFollow

FROM FACEBOOK

Comments Box SVG iconsUsed for the like, share, comment, and reaction icons
Load more