A 65-year-old St. Thomas man has died, becoming the 121st confirmed COVID-19 fatality in the territory, the V.I. Health Department announced Tuesday.
The department continues to work to slow the spread of COVID-19 and urges people to continue to follow these precautionary measures: practice social distancing, wear a mask when in the company of others outside of those in your household, clean frequently used areas thoroughly, and wash your hands often with soap and warm water.
Getting the COVID-19 vaccine and booster can prevent severe illness and death, the department stated. As of July 1, all vaccinations and boosters are now administered as a regular part of the Department of Health’s clinic schedules.
The dates and times for vaccinations are:
For adults, age 18 and older:
• St. Croix the Community Health Clinic is in Modular 1 at the Charles Harwood
Memorial Complex. Vaccines and boosters are available on Mondays and Wednesdays, 9 a.m. to 4 pm, for all adults (ages 18 and up). Call 340-718-1311, ext. 3895 or 3822 for information or to make an appointment.
• On St. Thomas the Community Health Clinic is on the second floor of the Schneider Regional Medical Center. Vaccines and boosters are available Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to noon and 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (ages 18 and up). Call 340-774-7477, ext. 5665 for information or to make an appointment.
• On St. John all vaccines and boosters for all age groups (adult, pediatric and infant) are now AVAILABLE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY at the Morris F. DeCastro clinic. Call 340-776-6400 for an appointment.
Vaccines for children on St. Croix and St. Thomas will be provided at the MCH clinics: Pediatric (ages 5 to 17) and infant (ages 6 months to 4). Parents/guardians are asked to bring an ID for themselves, the child and the child’s birth certificate.
• On St. Thomas – only on Tuesdays and Fridays at the Maternal Child Health (MCH Clinic) from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call for an appointment at 340-777-8804, ext. 2600. Walk-ins are always welcome.
• On St. Croix – operating under a tent adjacent to the CHMC site Fridays ONLY from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call 340-244-0016 for information or appointments.
• On St. John all vaccines and boosters for all age groups are by APPOINTMENT ONLY at the Morris F. DeCastro clinic. Call 340-776-6400 for an appointment.
For COVID-19 Testing, the schedule is as follows:
• On St. Croix – Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. in the Charles Harwood Memorial parking lot
• On St. Thomas – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday – 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at the Schneider Regional Medical Center loading dock
• On St. John – Wednesday from noon to 3 p.m.