You are practicing honor when you:
– Guide your life by your virtues,
– Can be trusted to keep your promises,
– Avoid doing things that make you feel ashamed,
– Respect the rules you want to live by,
– Do what you believe is right no matter what, and
– Set a good example for others.
I am honorable. I keep my agreements and treat others with respect. I care about doing the right thing.
The Family Connection was established in 2005 by the Community Foundation of the Virgin Islands as an early-childhood initiative. The mission of TFC is to strengthen the community child care and early education infrastructure in the USVI by building awareness of the importance of early learning and development for success and working with community agencies to promote quality care and education.
One of its efforts is the Virtues Project, an international initiative focused on building peaceful and caring communities.
The Source supports the Virtues Project. We will publish one of the virtues developed by the project each week.