Tom Mason and the Blue Bucaneers, a pirate-themed band from Nashville, will return to the territory in March for two weeks of performances beginning Wednesday.
Mason is coming to the Virgin Islands directly from Australia, where he just completed a tour. His latest album, “The World is Ablaze,” was released last fall.
Mason and the band have performed in the Virgin Islands every spring for the last five years, drawing crowds with their pirate brand of buccaneer blues and rock. The schedule this year includes his first appearance on Water Island.
His schedule for the visit will be:
– 7 p.m. Wednesday, March 18 at Latitude 18 on St. Thomas;
– 7 p.m. Thursday, March 19, at Iggie’s at Bolongo Bay, St. Thomas;
– 7 p.m. Friday, March 20, Sugar Bay, St. Thomas;
– Saturday, March 21, (time not listed) Shipwreck Landing, St. John;
– Afternoon, Sunday, March 22, Dinghy’s Beach Bar and Grill, Water Island;
– Monday, March 23 (No time listed), The Inn at Tamarind Court, St. John;
– Tuesday, March 24 (time not listed,) The Beach Bar, St. John;
– Wednesday, March 25 (time not listed,) The Beach Bar, St. John;
– Friday, March 27 (time not listed,) Cheeseburgers in Paradise, St. Croix;
– Saturday, March 28, two shows, Rhythms at Rainbow Beach, St. Croix;
– 3 to 6 p.m. Sunday, March 29, Eat at Cane Bay, St. Croix;
– 7 p.m. Monday, March 30, The Buccaneer, St. Croix.
Further information is available online at http://tommason.net/.