The Unclaimed Property listing for 2010 has been published. This list, which details the names and last known address of individuals whom banks and other institutions holding financial assets have been unable to locate, can presently be viewed at the lieutenant governor’s Web site, www.ltg.gov.vi. The unclaimed property list will be published in local newspapers during the week of Aug. 19-25. The 2007, 2008 and 2009 lists of unclaimed properties are also available on the Web site, according to a press release issued on Wednesday by the Office of the Lieutenant Governor.
- Notify a family member or trusted advisor of the location of your accounts;
- Promptly cash all checks received;
- Keep an accurate record of all financial transactions;
- Notify all banks and companies with which you have a financial relationship of a new address when moving; and
- Designate a trusted family member or attorney to oversee or manage your affairs in the event that you are unable to do so.