84.7 F
Charlotte Amalie
Sunday, June 16, 2024
HomeNewsArchivesLocal Artists Needed to Participate in Upcoming Fundraiser

Local Artists Needed to Participate in Upcoming Fundraiser

Arts Alive is putting out a call to all Virgin Islands artists to create works for a silent auction that will be held during the organization’s fourth annual fundraiser. The fundraiser is entitled “Viva Argentina!" and will take place from 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 18, at Tillett Gardens.
Artists are welcome to participate in the creation of artwork, but all works must incorporate the use of a mini-canvas. Arts Alive will provide one, two or three mini-canvases to each artist to be used in any manner, with any media, in an interpretation of the theme. The canvases are currently available and can be picked up at the Arts Alive office in Tillett Gardens. All works must be turned in no later than Wednesday, Feb. 1.
All artworks will be sold in a silent auction that will take place during the event. Artists have the option to donate the proceeds from the sale of their works directly to Arts Alive, or they may retain 30 percent of the proceeds, with the other 70 percent to be donated to Arts Alive.
Artists as well as the community are invited to attend the fundraiser, which will also feature an Argentinean wine tasting and wine sale and an Argentinean inspired tapas menu. Musical entertainment will be by Pipe Dream with Danny Silber, Abu and Rhett Simmonds, featuring Denise Hummer on vocals.
Tickets to the event are $35 per person and cost of admission for artists is $12.
For more information, call 776-8566.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Keeping our community informed is our top priority.
If you have a news tip to share, please call or text us at 340-228-8784.

Support local + independent journalism in the U.S. Virgin Islands

Unlike many news organizations, we haven't put up a paywall – we want to keep our journalism as accessible as we can. Our independent journalism costs time, money and hard work to keep you informed, but we do it because we believe that it matters. We know that informed communities are empowered ones. If you appreciate our reporting and want to help make our future more secure, please consider donating.