After reading numerous articles and making several inquiries into the situation regarding The Virgin Islands Senators and Roger W. Morgan, I have some serious questions:
1. Why is incomplete and faulty information is being circulated to the masses through the paper and radio?
2. What grounds do you have and from where do you get your appalling information evoking the hatred and slander of the PEOPLE-elected senators?
3. Are not most of those in favor of Roger Morgan mainland whites, and not natives? Moreover, those who don't actually embrace the culture and interact with the locals, e.g. certain beaches, restaurants, and other social places and functions other than the Mango Melee and Agricultural Fair?
4. What exactly does complaining about Senatorial salaries accomplish, especially when most government officials got raises, including the Governor himself, with a RAISE of $80,000?
5. How can a site named after Christiansted, CSTED.COM, be used as an outlet for anonymous bashing of our elected officials?
6. How does Roger Morgan afford to hire researchers to look into and conjure up information against VI Leaders?
7. Does this newspaper, or any newspaper care about correcting and not magnifying the negative issues and affect us most?
I know this situation far exceeds a mere Free Speech challenge, and I, an 18-year old college freshman and legislative intern intend to find this out. Does anything go when it comes to politics and the people these leaders and radio personalities represent?
Jamila M. Mills
Editor's note: We welcome and encourage readers to keep the dialogue going by responding to Source commentary. Letters should be e-mailed with name and place of residence to firstname.lastname@example.org.