80.3 F
Charlotte Amalie
Wednesday, November 29, 2023


Nov. 11, 2002 – The Pathfinders of the St. Thomas Seventh-Day Adventist Churches are holding a kayak-a-thon Nov. 24 to raise money for community projects. The community aquatic center in Nazareth, where young and old learn to swim, will get 75 percent of the funds, with the remaining 25 percent going to various Pathfinder Club projects.
Fifteen Pathfinders between the ages of 10 and 15 will kayak from Cruz Bay, St. John, to Bluebeard's Beach, St. Thomas, in the kayak-a-thon, a first for the group.
The community is invited to get involved by sponsoring Pathfinders on their kayak trip or to come out to support the event on Bluebeard's Beach at 11:30 a.m.
For more information, call Pastor Silton Browne at 775-1059 or 775-5556, or call Tanya at 777-7807.

Publisher's note : Like the St. John Source now? Find out how you can love us twice as much — and show your support for the islands' free and independent news voice … click here.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Keeping our community informed is our top priority.
If you have a news tip to share, please call or text us at 340-228-8784.

Support local + independent journalism in the U.S. Virgin Islands

Unlike many news organizations, we haven't put up a paywall – we want to keep our journalism as accessible as we can. Our independent journalism costs time, money and hard work to keep you informed, but we do it because we believe that it matters. We know that informed communities are empowered ones. If you appreciate our reporting and want to help make our future more secure, please consider donating.