Forums

St. John
St. Thomas
St. Croix

GOVERNMENT & POLICE NEWS

VIEDA and Subsidiaries Hold Governing Board Decision Meeting Oct. 24

The V.I. Economic Development Authority, along with its subsidiaries -- the Economic Development Commission and the Economic Development Bank, will…

Audio Galleries

With schools across the territory getting ready for a Sept. 2 opening date, V.I. Education Commissioner Donna Frett-Gregory told the community the Education Department is focused on "putting in the framework we need to support our students, our teachers and our administrators."

Currently:Click for Saint Croix, Virgin Islands Forecast
Forums — St. Croix — General discussion
CommentLog in or Register to CommentE-mailE-MAILPrintPRINT
AVIS turns USVI NORML DOWN
Jul 10, 2009 - 10:07

A new nonprofit organization, USVINORML is being organized. We have put advertisements in other VI papers without a problem. The AVIS turned us away.
The add was seeking Board members and Officers for a newly formed 401c corp who seeks to allow safe access to medical cannabis, decriminalize small amounts of cannabis possessed by responsible adults and an allowance for use when associated with religioys practices.

The reason for the denial is that the AVIS doesn't support our cause. Is this legal? Other advertisers that use that use the AVIS sells smoking paraphenalia, alcohol, cigaretts and other products than have been proven to be harmfull.
Cannibis has been used as a remedy for over 4000 years, not one death can be attributed to it's use. It is time for change and to bring the law of the VI in line with the rest of the world.
Opinions? Advise?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

it is a good choice for norml org. to come to st croix to help the people organize. Too many people are process into prison for an issue the people should have a right to decriminalize in their territory. I will post more later.