March 27, 2017 12:45 am Last modified: 3:12 pm

Community

Substance Abuse/Mental Health Services Administration Seeks Public Input

SAMHSA/CMHS invites interested persons to send written comments about the program services and activities that are conducted by the Disability Rights Center of the Virgin Islands.
Read More

Stellar Citizen Awards Given to Muckle School Students at Ceremony

The administration, faculty and staff at Lew Muckle Elementary School conducted its 2016-17 second marking period Stellar Citizens Awards Ceremony on March 13.
Read More

USVI Special Olympics Seeks Special Athletes, Volunteers to Participate at Games

The Division of Special Education is seeking children and adults with intellectual disabilities to participate in the USVI Special Olympics Area Games set for March 25 on St. Croix and May 6 on St. Thomas.
Read More

V.I. Board of Education to Hold Two-Day Meeting on St. Thomas, St. John

The VIBE Governing Board will convene a regular board meeting at 5:30 p.m., Friday, March 17, on St. Thomas. The board meeting will continue at 9 a.m., Saturday, March 18, on St. John.
Read More

UVI to Celebrate Emerald Jubilee March 16-26

The University of the Virgin Islands will celebrate its 55th anniversary, the Emerald Jubilee, during March with multiple events and activities.
Read More

Iris T. Martin Browne Dies at 77

Iris T. Martin Browne, also known as “Tia,” of Estate Strawberry Hill died on March 4. She was 77 years old.
Read More

Desmond Fitzroy Ryan Dies at 72

Desmond Fitzroy Ryan, also known as “Des,” of Catherine’s Rest died on March 7. He was 72 years old.
Read More

St. Croix Schools Spotlight Cultural Music at V.I. History Month Events

Schools in the St. Croix District are highlighting quelbe and cariso music, among other aspects of local culture during their celebrations of Virgin History Month.
Read More

Project Promise, Community Partners, Howard Students Install JFL Memorial Garden

On Monday, Project Promise’s Caterpillar Project students and staff, along with volunteers from the community and Howard University students, completed a long-anticipated memorial garden for JFL.
Read More

‘Face to Face’ to Feature V.I. Transfer Centennial Commission

Members of the Virgin Islands Transfer Centennial Commission will appear on WTJX’s “Face to Face,” which is hosted by Addie Ottley and airs on Channel 12.
Read More